Antiques Promotion Canada

Community for Collectors & Canadian Antique Dealers

Canadian antiques dealer, collectors Antique Dealers

Map of Canadian Antique Dealers

Antique shows, auctions houses, collectors clubs and markets

Finding a Canadian antique dealer has never been easier. Plan your trips and find fabulous antiques & collectibles using our antique resources map of Canada.

Home Encyclopedia AP Forum Articles Classified Ads Map & Directory of Antique Dealers Calendar Book Search Poll

About AP Canada Link to US Recommend AP Old Newsletters AP in Favourites Contact US Qc

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Search
 Advertising

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

What is this strange chair?
Just popping in
From Toronto
Group:
Registered Users
Level : 1; EXP : 34
HP : 0 / 8
MP : 1 / 311
I'm looking for some insight into this specimen that sits in a position of prominence in the front stairway of the Glenerin Inn and Spa in Mississauga.
Open in new window
What is this thing? and how much do you think its worth?

This object is included in the Antiques Appraiser's Challenge I put on my Dumpdiggers Blog yesterday.

Posted on: 2015/9/11 19:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
Topic | Forum

2013 Toronto Bottle Show is Sunday 21 April at 2975 Don Mills Rd
Just popping in
From Toronto
Group:
Registered Users
2013 Toronto Bottle Show is Sunday 21 April at 2975 Don Mills Rd

Sunday April 21, 2013
9:30am - 2:00pm
Oriole Community Centre-Arena, 2975 Don Mills Road, Toronto

Admission still $5.00

Find us with Google Maps

Info: George Miller 905-427-7297

Posted on: 2013/4/15 16:34
Topic | Forum

Dumpdigging is a wholesome pasttime
Just popping in
From Toronto
Group:
Registered Users
Hello my name is Rob Campbell and I'm introducing myself here on what looks like a new antiques forum.

Of course antiques are a good investment! They always have been all through time, and although people's tastes are always changing, good stories and great pieces will always accrue value. I truly believe that building a collection is a life's work and nothing is more valuable.

But I seldom buy anything - I trade the materials I find with other collectors. I'm assembling a stoneware ginger beer collection now, while earlier in this life i was nuts about glass bottles. I already have almost ALL of Toronto's early pharmacy bottles, about 7000 pieces in all - let me know if you need help appraising or identifying a Toronto medicine. Im working on a book.

Open in new window

And I write a blog called Dumpdiggers about my adventures traveling back in history, one hole at a time.

Posted on: 2011/10/29 14:57
Topic | Forum

Sherman Jewellery Book
Just popping in
From Toronto
Group:
Registered Users
Years ago I wrote a rather detailed article about the Sherman Masterpiece Collection jewelry book that two nice ladies sent me to review. It been viewed a few thousand times since then and I've had plenty of feedback.

Open in new window

Some people really liked the book and the article, and some didnt

Conclusion - I gave the book away to a beautiful girl one day simply because she pulled it out of my bookcase and smiled at me. That's true beauty and I'm a sucker for a pretty girl's smile.

Posted on: 2011/10/29 14:42
Topic | Forum

Premier Antique Show in Downtown Toronto, Oct 2011
Just popping in
From Toronto
Group:
Registered Users
The Premier Antique Show and Sale in The Metro Toronto Convention Centre is the PGA of professional antiques collecting, everything here is beautiful and in good condition

Open in new window

And because most of the antiques dealers showing their stuff here are over sixty years old, their merchandise really is priced to sell; their children don't want it. I always find the show overwhelming because there's so much stuff that I'm so passionate about but cannot afford. I'm a collector and my niche is hopelessly expensive. I cant find anything without getting distracted and there's no index of goods, only dealers names and numbers and to do inventory management on the entire show would take a lifetime I know, but I suspect it could be accomplished by a clever cloud based software solution - fyi thats future tech social media for antiques dealers, an application that makes rare material more findable at shows.

Open in new window

On Friday Oct 28th 2011 I met a friend and together we visited this posh antiques and collectibles show in the Metro Convention Center at 255 Front St W in the heart of rush hour traffic in downtown Toronto. It was worth it just t see the goodies there; it was a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
Open in new window

I wrote about the Premier Antique Show Oct 28 in Toronto on Dumpdiggers and

Open in new window

Posted on: 2011/10/29 14:34
Topic | Forum

OK
We use cookies to enhance your experience. By continuing to visit this site you agree to our use of cookies More info